We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Update

Yesterday was sissy's last chemo treatment of Cycle 5. She has next week off and then three more Monday's of treatment and then......... we don't know. She might try to go one more month or take a break, she doesn't know how she will feel. Her doctor is going to do new bone and CT scan within the next two weeks so that will kind of help her decide what she wants to do. She has said that if she has to be on chemo six months a year, every year, then that will give her one more year and she will do it. I'm not going to say all the cliche things and say only, I love my sister. Words just don't do her justice. That said, we are all looking forward to the day that she WILL be free from cancer. Last week was a real loop de loop and now we are kind of back in our normal schedule.



When did she grow up?


When did HE grow up?


Mom and Aunt Margo Saturday night.
Aunt Margo from California was here all too briefly. She had something she had to do and stopped in for what seemed like 2 minutes. We did manage to kidnap her and make her spend the night but instructed her that next time, she has to stay a week, at least! And next time she needs to bring DCC (Drunk Cousin Caroline). And Angie. And Belinda. And Elsie. And.........

Valentina thinks her daddy hung the moon and I'm so glad!!!! You know, it wasn't just me that had a bonding issue, Norm did too. It's really only been in the past six months or so that Norm and Valentina have become close. Now? Oh man, when he's home she's perfectly content to have me out of the picture, which gives me a break! Norm has become an ideal father. I thanked him Saturday night for being the father that he is to our baby. When he is home, he spends about 90% of his time with her. He said it's because he spends about 90% of his time away from her! But seriously, he truly is an amazing daddy and you can see it in Valentina's eyes.

Sissy at dinner.
I turned into Holly-Fucking-Homemaker while Margo was here. I made homemade cinnamon rolls and then Saturday night after we got home from dinner, I made an apple pie for the morning. I had a premade crust but decided to go with the one that I had made earlier in the day. Papa bought two boxes of apples...... for $5 each! SCORE! Anyway, back to my baking, I even got adventurous and made a decorative edge on the pie.

I'm pretty talented if I say so myself. BTW, I really hope my sarcasm comes across on my postings. I have to say that because although I "worship" Martha Stewart, I'm NOT Martha Stewart! I do love to bake in the fall and winter though. It's about time to make my Doctor's Office Famous Sugar Cookies. I take them in to McMexi's office to up my chances of seeing him. The secret? I buy the dough!
So, that is what we've been up to. Bring on the week!

5 comments:

Grama said...

love the pics. So glad to see the smile on Trina's face. She looks so good. Still praying.

Valerie said...

I love your pie edges! So cute. I'll let you know a little secret, I buy the cookie dough too! I figure if I have to bake them, than that counts for homemade.

Valentina does looks grown up! I was just thinking the same thing about Ava recently. I think it's the jeans!

Beya said...

God is listening to our prayers for Trina. Thank you God. Thank you too Cameo for being the devoted sister you are to her. I love you.

Jaimee said...

What a great post! Love the pic of your sister and your captions on the kids!!! Oh and that pie, that looks amazing!!!! I want some! You are just awesome and I love reading your blog because you almost always make me laugh.

Kate @ Life As I Live It said...

Trina looks great! Prayers still being said for her healing & strength for you all.

The kids are so adorable! And your pie look professional. Great job!

Thanks for the update.
~Kate