We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, November 16, 2009

Chemo Update

Sissy called her oncologist today to talk to him about what to do with her last two day doses worth of chemo pills. The verdict? He told her to take them starting today, then she goes in Thursday or Friday for blood work. She then goes in on Monday to review her tumor marker numbers and see what to do then. She is glad that she only has chemo for today and tomorrow and the rest of the week off.


Work has been very, very slow for Norm but thankfully he's been able to stay working. I've been hearing from him since May, "I don't know if I'll have work after the next few weeks". Well, it finally happened. He isn't working tomorrow and may not be working the rest of the week. Winter is always slow to begin with but work has been especially scarce with the economy. We've been very, very fortunate to escape any repercussions thus far. And if worst comes to worst (meaning we'll have to live on unemployment and our income drops in half, literally) we can still make the mortgage payment. Again, we are very fortunate! It still sucks to have Norm out of a job though for who knows how long. But considering cancer, we don't have much to bitch about. And that's something we've always said, going back almost 17 years. No matter what shit we got thrown, we always said "we have our health." And when what we were bitching about was our (mental) health, we were able to say "we have meds to correct it."


That's about it. Sissy has felt good the past few days. We had a big party Saturday for the boxing match (yay!) and sissy was able to hang out all day! It was lovely.

Finally, I have a couple of pics that made me laugh out loud:


This dude was on the "Today" show (duh) and I could not stop laughing at him! The hair was what did it to me. Seriously! What the fuck is going on with that?! It wasn't until I was showing sissy the pic Saturday that it hit me who he looked like:


Am I right?

I watched "Oprah" today (at mom's behest) with Sarah Palin who was hawking her book. When they showed the cover of it.......



..... it too reminded me of something........

So there ya go, my highly politically INcorrect comparisons of the day.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

LOVE the new header and background. Sorry I've been MIA, but Im still reading and praying for all of you. Many hugs and much love.

I agree on both counts -- the hair and the book cover.

Trina G. said...

I'm laughing so hard and have been for quite some time!!! LOL the pictures are matches fo show!

I loved our Saturday.

Jaimee said...

Oooh, love the new christmas design!!! And I'm ROTFL at your comparisons righ tnow. So funny!

Lori said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

Lori said...

PS LOVE the new family picture and the fact that your mom and dad have on matching shirts....too cute!♥

Valerie said...

LMAO! Just watched the oompa loampas this past weekend or however you spell it.

Love the new blog design, makes me smile!

Grama said...

Bravo making TT laugh so hard. Laughter is so good for you.
You are too funny. I'm so glad that in the midst of pain you can laugh and find humor. Actually I believe you HAVE to.Bravo again.
So glad you can enjoy some time away from home so Norm can have his baby time. I hope he enjoys it.

Love to all.