We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is my first time favorite holiday. Yes, it's official, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

We will be hosting dinner tomorrow for about 12 people. This is the first year in, well, forever that we haven't deviated from our original Thanksgiving plans and even more important, that we won't be doing the turkey in a roasting bag. No, we are going old school here!

We have so many things to be grateful for that I can't list them all. However those that left us all too soon and their families also weigh heavily on my heart.

I wish you all a very, very Happy Thanksgiving.

I thank you for all the well wishes, prayers, positive energy sent to sissy and of course those that participated in the raffle either by donation, contributing something to bid on or sent a card.

And I thank you all for following along with me, my silly escapades, the antics of our two miracle children, the mundane, my raging fears and honest thoughts. I didn't start this blog for anyone but I have come to have a whole new family through you, a best friend, and some truly amazing people. So thank you to each and every one of you.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Turkey in a roasting bag? Dude, old school is so much better. LOL. Love you all. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Grama said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day. I wish we could all fit into one house and all have this day together but oh well. Prayers for all to be healthy and happy.
Love to all.

Aunt Kathy said...

Happy thanksgiving to some of my favorite people.
Love Aunt kathy

Lori said...

Happy Holidays! Love you!♥

Jaimee said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! And that is very encouraging on the tumor marker numbers. I'm praying that they continue to fall.

Lori said...

I just noticed that in your new family pic Asa is wearing his star wars storm trooper costume! So cute! I'm never going to be able to top that b.day gift, hu? When he's 16 I'll have to tease him about how he always wore that everywhere for every occasion! LOL!

Tracey said...

Dude! I just want you and your family to know that we love you all very very much!