We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just In Case You Forgot.......

....... I really, truly, with all my heart, HATE FUCKING CANCER!!!!!!


Sissy finished her chemo today and the motherfucking asshole toxins hit her like a ton of bricks. That bullshit hits her faster than the time it takes Lindsay Lohan to get high at an all-you-can-take pharm bar.


Late this afternoon mom and I took the kids to the fabric store while sissy took a nap. Asa loves Nutcrackers, I have no idea why, so it didn't surprise me to see him with one at the store. Valentina saw him with it and of course, if Asa has it she has to have it too. She had no idea what it was until I told her but that didn't stop her On our way home mom and I had a whispered conversation (so the kids couldn't hear) and I asked mom if Asa got the nutcracker. No, Asa saw a fighter pilot costume for $8 that he preferred. I told mom how Valentina had wanted a nutcracker also. We got home and I pulled out some of my Christmas stuff and had Asa "help" me put up my Christmas village and I put up the stockings on the mantle along with a few other Christmas touches. I collect nativity scenes but I have this cool ledge above our kitchen cabinets where they fit perfectly so I leave them up all year. However, I found this small nativity that I've had for about 15 years and I only put it up at Christmas time.


Anyway, all of this information DOES have a point. Mom came over to the house later on in the evening and she had two presents for Valentina. Valentina came running up to mom once she heard Beya had something for her. Valentina unwrapped the smaller one first and she gasped when she saw what it was; a small nativity scene. Valentina looked up at mom and said "oh! It's so special! It's for mama?" Beya told Valentina that no, it was indeed for her and not me. Oh man, Valentina was so thrilled to have such a wonderful gift. Then she unwrapped the longer thing and shrieked when she saw a nutcracker staring at her. Valentina was literally bouncing around the living room yelling "I GOT A GRAHAM CRACKER! I GOT A GRAHAM CRACKER!" She was so thrilled to not only have her very own nativity scene but a "graham" cracker too! I think those two items were the best thing ever produced by Dollar Tree.


And THAT is why I say these two miracle children are what make life not just bearable in these unbearable circumstances, but bring us laughter and happiness.

7 comments:

Jaimee said...

Adorable! I love your stories!

bearie1 said...

That is so cute. Hope Sissy is feeling better sooner than later. Elaine

Grama said...

Hope TT feels better today. I sure do laugh at what those kids come up with. I am looking for a new Star Wars costume for Asa and maybe one to leave here. Last time we just used our imaginations.
I'm thankful that you keep us laughing.

Trina G. said...

I love it....Vali is just so special. I just look at her and take in her beauty and then she is so funny to boot. we are blessed.

Alaska Family said...

Cute story! Thanks for sharing. Hope Trina feels better soon, were still praying for you all. Love you.

Jen Hodder said...

Loved it! I so share your pen whoring ways : )

Jen Hodder said...

Loved it! I so share your pen whoring ways : )