We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pen Whore

I'm a pen whore. I admit it. When I still worked in an office I had two sets of pens; customer pens and MY pens. Actually I had three sets of pens because within my own set of pens I had one pen that I used only for life insurance applications. Weird? Yes, I know, but I chalk it up to being a writer because I've written all my life going back to when I was about 7 or 8. I'd like to think all literary genius's have pen quirks and lets face it, I am of course, a literary genius. Once again I wish sarcasm had it's own font so that everyone knows I made a joke.

ANYWAY, we had a bunch of errands to run.... again.... today. It seems like each day is full of having to go here, there or somewhere else. Since sissy was feeling good today (she took her last chemo dose yesterday) she drove herself and Asa over to our house. I was walking around the house when I saw THIS on my desk:
OH.MY.GOSH. I seriously thought I was in the midst of a perfect-pen-induced-out-of-body-experience. I immediately thought to myself "damn! Asa must have gotten that last night when Beya and sissy went to Dollar Tree" (remember, that's when and where Valentina got her Graham Cracker). I picked it up and asked sissy "WHAT IS THIS?" Trina then uttered some of the most beautiful words ever, "do you like it? I got it for you." Oh man, I damn near swooned but was too busy writing with my new, PERFECT pen. For some reason I think I'll have a hard time misplacing this one.


Mom snapped this pic of sissy and me today. You can really see Trina's chia pet hair! Seriously, words cannot begin to describe how much I love my sister. I can liken it only to how a mother feels for her children because I really do love her every bit as much as our miracle children. She goes in tomorrow for blood work and will then see her oncologist Monday. Hey, at least neither thing is happening on a Friday.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

AH, someone else with a pen addiction. I have pens that no one else is allowed to write with. =) I love it. And how special is that pen since Trina bought it for you! That is a great picture of the two of you. You know what else is awesome? Norm wearing a St. Patty's day shirt with your Christmas background. =)

Steph said...

I love the picture of you two - gorgeous sisters. :) :) :)

Aunt Kathy said...

THE PICTURE OF YOU TWO IS EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD.
LOVE YA
AUNT KATHY

Shelley said...

I love, love, love the picture of you and your sister. Please pass on my best wishes to Trina for her next batch of blood work.

Shelley
(Danita's work-mate)