We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, November 20, 2009

Seriously?

Mom called me last night around 8 pm to let me know she was taking Papa to the ER. He's had problems with his gallbladder and had eating some really hot chile so we figured it was just that. Well a little more than 4 hours later I talked to mom and she told me it was a gallstone. Papa was on morphine for the pain and they would be home shortly.

This morning sissy called me to see if I had talked to mom yet. I said no, I figured they were still sleeping. Trina told me that she had talked to mom about an hour prior as mom had asked sissy to call her surgeon to schedule papa's surgery. WHAT?!?! Yes, Papa is going in for surgery tomorrow morning. He has to be there at 7:30 am and his surgery is scheduled for 9:30 am.

Of course I'm scared but I know that it will be fine. It has to be. But then I remember that papa is almost 70. SEVENTY! How the hell did this happen? How is it that my dad, who is fit, looks great, is strong and healthy, get to be almost 70?

Anyway, so please say a few extra prayers or send some positive energy our way tomorrow.

4 comments:

Alleen said...

oh geeeez. As if you don't have enough going on in your family!

Saying prayers for sure!

Grama said...

I'm definitely praying that he gets to have the little incision surgery. Sheri had that and it is quite mild as surgeries go.
Love to all

Jaimee said...

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way!

Alaska Family said...

Praying for you all!! Love and hugs.