I'm doing the Cliff Notes version here.
Sissy has been feeling shitty. She gets every fucking side effect from chemo, including the ones that you have a .01% chance of getting. There's not enough room to list everything she has but the short list is:
* feet feeling like they are on fire
* looking forward to blisters on the bottoms of feet
* body aches
* muscle spasms
Like I said, this is just a small portion of what she is going through. Her treatment regimen for the Xeloda is the same as the Taxol; 3 weeks on, 1 week off. She has 3 days left on the first cycle. Because she has been so sick she decided to not take her chemo last night until she talked to her oncologist today (she takes her chemo orally twice a day).
Today Trina decided to not take her chemo. We don't know if/when she will start again. Joshua is against her on this as he told her if she hadn't have done chemo up to this point, she'd be dead. Given how aggressive her cancer is, we all believe this to be true.
I'm terrified of her choice. HOWEVER, it is not my choice to make and I support her 1000% in whatever she decides to do, whether that be take a few days off and then finish her 3 days worth of chemo and then have a week off, or just keep going for the next 3 days, or stopping treatment.
It is her decision and she knows what is best for her and her family.
Like I said, I support her no matter what. I've seen her hit rock bottom..... and then see the bottom drop out and she falls even further. Her faith is very strong and her belief in getting cured is even stronger.
I know that not everyone will agree with what she is doing but all I ask is that if you have any suggestions, negative things to say or comments, please email them to me and NOT TRINA. She has enough to deal with, the last thing she needs is to read some dipship questioning her.
I respect my sister, admire her, aspire to have her faith, strength and courage and above all else, love her like no one else. She will always have my support and I will bitch slap anyone who questions her decisions.
Again, this doesn't mean she WILL stop treatment, this doesn't mean she will continue with treatment. It means that she has not taken her chemo for the past 24 hours and we don't know what the future holds. None of us do. In the meantime sissy has my unwavering love and support.