We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Birthday Wishes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!!!!!!

I never thought I would meet a lifelong friend, a member of my family, online. In fact I remember quite vividly how we "met". Norm and I were still in process, paperchasing actually, and I was stalking the adoption.com message boards. Holly had posted something about fostering Gia and I had emailed her. She emailed me back and thus began our lifelong friendship. About a month later we talked on the phone for the first and the conversation lasted well over an hour, possibly two. We talked about everything and found that we had a lot in common. I instantly thought she was a kick ass chick (which she is) and she's been my LDBFF (Long Distance Best Friend Forever) from then on.

Holly has always been there for me. I called her the day Trina was diagnosed, when we were all in shock and reeling and she just sat on the phone with me while I sobbed. She didn't say a word and just let me cry.

Holly is one of, if not THE, most giving, generous, honest people I know and makes up for her horrible singing with all of her other good attribute's. She is also one of the few people that I trust with my secrets and my life.

So to my KICK ASS friend who has become a close member of my family,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

DJ Holly Rock said...

You ARE a nut...but an awesome one!!! I'm so glad we met and I can't wait until we can meet in person, one day! Sometimes I feel inadequate as a friend, especially with all you and your family are going through.

Thank you friend...you know EVERYTHING about me and I'm so glad I have you in my life to help me sort through it all!

Love yas!

"She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind."
~Toni Morrison

URBAN BLONDE said...

Happy Birthday Holly!

Cameo, I can so identify with your friendship and so glad you have that in your life!

I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone yesterday with my LDBFF, we've never met in person, met online on a forum for parents of kids who were sick with certain conditions and have been besties ever since. We used to talk every week on the phone, now that I'm working full time it's whenever we can grab the time.

We will celebrate 10 years of this wonderful friendship in January 2010!

Wishing you many more happy years with your wonderful friend Cameo!

xx