We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Hanukkah

Tonight we went to the Hanukkah celebration put on by Asa's Hebrew school. It was so much fun. The kids had a blast playing instruments "on stage". The two video's below show how Valentina was really grooving along and Asa in his rubber boots were killing me. I got so many compliments on Valentina's shirt and bows. That Brown family sure is talented! And just to show how much Valentina has grown, I've posted two pictures below of the first two years she wore her "shirt". It did start out as a dress. I'm not sure I'm going to get a fourth year out of it but it has done it's duty and done it well!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing









From The Family Ties That Bind


From The Family Ties That Bind


Oh yeah, the picture of Valentina the first year in her Hanukkah dress isn't the greatest but it's the best one I had showing her whole body in it. Keep in mind she was almost a year old and couldn't sit up on her own. My how things have changed!

5 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

OHHHHHHHHHH, how adorable valentina is , she likes the Tamborine huh?
Asa is just as adorable.
My how "time" flies.
just seems like "yesterday......."
Happy Hanukkah to you too.
love you all
"Aunt Kathy"

Lori said...

what's with the little pushy girl in the white coat!! lol! Ya, Valentina is def. getting into the music! She needs to be enrolled in kindermusic for sure! Can't believe how little she was when you first brought her home! Happy Hanukkah!!!!!!!!!☺♥

Lori said...

Oh Guess it was the one in the striped dress more than the one in the white coat. Had a little "tude" for sure! Either way...FUNNY!

Aunt Kathy said...

all those kids were fun to watch.
oooohhhhhhh,
I went back to watch the video after Lori's comment, because when i first watched it, my eyes were only on Asa and Valentina.
I saw that other cute little guy standing next to the little cute girl in the stripped outfit, he accedently stepped on her foot, so she reacted, (just like I would I think if somebody stepped on my BIG FOOT LOL)
my favorite america's home video's are of children and animals.
so this video was a real treat.
love to you all
Aunt Kathy

Alaska Family said...

Valentina is really into that music - so cute :). They both did really well. Love you all.