We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Results

So the main thing is that the brain scan showed no cancer.

It has progressed, however, to worse than when she started chemo, but is staying to the places where it's already been, liver, bones, pelvis, etc....

Trina sees her doctor again on Monday and she will start a new chemo IV.

All in all it's not the best news but far from the worst.

We still have much to be thankful for and are very blessed this Christmas.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

10 comments:

Mandy said...

I hope this holiday season brings you all some peace.

Aunt Kathy said...

No Brain tumor!!!!!!!!!!! yeah. Praise the Lord.
so relieved to hear this.
I understand this isen't over, and she still has to go through some more,
...... HOPE LIVES.........
we love you all, and our prayers have been sent up to heaven on your behalf, on all of your behalf.
Merry Christmas dear Family...
love you forever
Aunt "Kathy"

Grama said...

Hope you all know how much you are loved and prayed for.

mylene said...

Merry Christmas Cameo to you and your whole family! Always my love to Trina. I hope she is doing a little better today. I love you guys.

Kate @ Life As I Live It said...

Happy Holidays Cameo! Trina & your family are never far from my thoughts & prayers. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

No brain tumor - that's good news! And we'll take good news where we can get it. I'm praying for Trina's doctors too, that they can free her from this cancer.

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nikki said...

Thinking of you and your Sister this Christmas!!!!
Continued prayers for Trina!!!

URBAN BLONDE said...

Always look for the silver lining-- even in the darkest cloud there is one. Glad to hear the brain scan showed no cancer.

Wishing you all the happiest Christmas and a Happy Healthy 2010.

Love
C
xx

Crystal said...

I have been thinking about you guys nonstop--My mom asked me how you all were doing~~ I hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas! I just wanted you to know I have been thinking about you and your family and every time you come to my mind and heart I say a prayer

((((HUGS)))) to you and your littles and your mom and Trina too!!!

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I think polite post. Expressly the title attracted me to be familiar with the intact story.