We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, January 08, 2010

I hate to post anything in the middle of the night when I know things can turn on the a dime. But there are so many, many things I want to say and I have no idea what tomorrow will bring.


First, just in case you didn't know it before, my mom is THE most amazing mom. How she is existing on only juice and about 5 hours of sleep the past 4 nights combined is beyond me. She is the epitome of a mothers love.She has the faith of no one else I know, except sissy.

sissy is still fighting. She is fighting the fight of her life, literally, and she is not giving up even though her body is. I hate to see her like this but hate even more an even brief thought of a life without her. She was lucid this morning and was able to have a brief conversation with Asa, in person. It was one of the sweetest and hardest things I've ever seen. She knows who she is fighting for and it is Joshua and Asa.

I am so, so, so, so fortunate to have my family, my very very very real family, from NJ and NC here with us. They have been a God send and a rhino send. I hate to think of them leaving but am so very grateful for the time they have freely given to us. I can never repay them, nor do I ever want to under these circumstances. It just breaks my heart that sissy isn't "here" to enjoy them, although she has been lucid enough, twice, to see them, know who they are and tell them she loves them.

Please know that we do greatly appreciate each and every status update donated and comment made. I'm copying and pasting ALL of them so we have them later on, whether that be when sissy gets better for her to read or for Asa to have later on.

One quick story of just how strong my sissy is. Last night (i guess thurs am, early am, 3 am-ish) sissy kind of came to briefly and said "Job has nothing on me." Mom and I had our hearts broken into a million pieces upon hearing her utter those words. And truer words were never spoken.

Finally, I must thank our Fantabulous Clan of a Family ;)
We love you all and wish you could be here, albeit under much, much different circumstances.

Thank you so much everyone.

36 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I found your blog through the Riggs family blog. I am so sorry your family is going through this. Saying prayers for strength and peace. (((hugs)))

Melissa said...

Your sissy is so strong...all of you are. Still praying...

Anonymous said...

Still praying - and hoping today is the most miraculous day.

Patti B.

Corey said...

Praying with my entire heart and soul...

Michelle said...

I came over from the Rigg's blog, I will stop and pray right now, I only got through your last three posts, because tears blinded me because my sister calls me "sissy"
I hope it helps is some small way to know that there are so many people praying!
Michelle Mann

michelle j said...

Checking in the morning from snowy Nebraska, sending you paryers and warm thoughts all day. Thanks for keeping us updated. Michelle

Becky Scott said...

Sending prayers and loving thoughts your way. So glad to know that H & J are there with you during this time. Hugs to you all!

Derek and Jennifer said...

Still praying for you all. May today be a miraculous day.

Barb said...

Love, thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your amazing family.

Anonymous said...

Following your blog and praying for your family from here in California.
Kelly~another Guat mom!

Anonymous said...

still thinking of trina

Tiffany said...

Praying for Trina and family :D

Jimena said...

Praying!!!

Anonymous said...

Cameo,

I am keeping your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. I am another adoptive mom to a daughter from Guatemala. I have never left a comment before but have been reading your blog for a while. You have a beautiful family. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts.

Gardenia said...

praying . . .

Mandy said...

Your family has been constantly in my thoughts for the past few days. I love you all. I am so glad that Trina was able to talk with Asa. You all have such a strength and courage.

Jill said...

Reminding you every day.... I love YOU and am thinking of YOU, Cameo... please make sure you are eating and resting a bit. WE NEED YOU TO BE WELL!

Love you. jilly

Steph said...

Cameo, constantly thinking of you - love all of you.

Tracey said...

You take care of yourself and make sure Beya eats!!!

We love you so much!!

Crystal said...

I have not stopped thinking about you all and praying for you~~ Cams I am soo glad people are there with you taking care of you because right now that is what we are all here for~~~ to lift you up and take care of you I only wish I lived closer and could do something for you all! I am praying nonstop for you all including precious little Asa ((((HUGS))))) xoxoxo

Cathie said...

prayers

Aunt Kathy said...

We are here to support trina and all of her precious family.
whatever I can do, just let me know.
Holding you all up in prayer.
love you bunches
"Aunt Kathy"

Lyn said...

Thinking about you and praying for God to hold Trina in the light.

Lyn H.
fellow Guatemama

Jillian said...

I'm praying, too. I now how much prayer can do.

Btw, you can use Lulu.com to import and print your blog in an heirloom quality book. It is easy to use and the prices are reasonable.

michelle j said...

Just checking back in to let you know I was thinking about all of you and said a little prayer for all of you. Hugs from Nebraska
michelle

Debi said...

I just heard of "Sissy" and your family from the Riggs blog. You got a huge prayer group when you got their prayer family. Know that me and many more will be praying and believing for a miracle for Trina.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi
Beaverton, OR

URBAN BLONDE said...

Oh Cameo, I'm so glad that H and J are there for you and your family! Hugs, prayers and love sent your way-- praying hard for a miracle for Trina and praying that your Asa and Josh's hearts are protected from pain.

xx

Anonymous said...

i am sending love and prayers to you and your family, and especially asa. holding you all in light...
- yet another a.mom

Jen said...

Oh Cameo, what a beautifully written post! Know that you and your family are occupying every bit of my brain. I love you guys and am still sending nothing but positivity your way!!!

Anonymous said...

"Your silent prayers uttered on tearstained pillows were heard before they were said. Your deepest questions were answered before they were asked. He sees you... He hears you... He knows you."

- Max Lucado

Anonymous said...

Keeping all of you in our prayers! My mom in Colorado is praying; the Dominican family that owns the corner restaurant is praying...

We're praying for Trina's healing. We're praying for strength for all of you. We're praying for God's love and light to wash over all of you.

--Liz, another adoptive mom of a precious girl born in Guatemala

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Been praying for a miracle for Trina and for peace and comfort for all involved. Especially the children. Stay strong and united. God Bless, and heal everyone! The flores family

Angie said...

Praying for Trian and all of the family...Jesus, please help!

Sonia said...

I'm praying for Trina and all the rest of the family!! Love you all!

melissa said...

Just checking in....still thinking of you and your family and praying often.

Donna said...

Your sister is aan amazing, strong and faithful person. She is putting up such a fight! What an incredible and courageous Mom!

She has my prayers along with the rest of your family - I will focus on praying for God to listen to Trinia, for whatever she wants. I will pray for God to answer - whether she wants more time, less pain, peace, all of it and any of it.

May you all feel God's warmth and precense during this difficult time.