We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, January 04, 2010

Not What I Want To Write

I went and saw sissy at the hospital today. Mom filters most of what the doctors tell them but one of her doctors happened to come in while I was there.

There was no filter.

Basically her liver is too full of cancer to function.

He said she'd probably be released in the next day or two to just go home.

I went home and about a half hour later mom called to say Trina was asking to see Valentina. We went back to the hospital (Valentina hadn't been with me the first time). Trina is very delusional but at times will be "with it". For instance she started telling me about this show she had watched on tv last night about Native American's, then another time she got mad at me because I hadn't told her what we were going to do for Thanksgiving.

While I was there her surgeon, the one who did her first surgery 17 years ago, who loves her dearly and is almost as emotionally invested in her as we are, stopped by. He pretty much said the same thing but in a very kind way.

Of course mom is certain that a miracle is going to happen.

Right now that is the ONLY option we have. We can't deal with the alternative.

The kids are fine, Asa doesn't know what is going on. He sees Trina and to him she's just sick, she just happens to be in the hospital right now instead of sick at home.

Someone wake me up.

30 comments:

heather said...

praying with you for a miracle!

LouLou@thelifeofloulou.blogspot.com said...

Cameo,
I am SO sorry this is happening. I am with you in praying for this miracle for Trina. I called my family tonight, and they're all praying too.... My sister is also a breast cancer survivor, and she is ON HER KNEES. We all are, Cameo. We are on our knees asking our Lord for a miracle for Trina and believing that HE alone can do it.
Love you.

nikki said...

Praying so hard for your family

Bonnie said...

Praying with you for a miracle.

Michelle Riggs said...

I don't even know what to write. I hate cancer. I hate that it brings pain and tears to people I care about. I am so sorry.

Praying for a miracle.

Farrah said...

Cameo,
I'm sorry and I too am praying for a miracle....

CANCER Sucks....BIG ONES!!!!

URBAN BLONDE said...

Oh my dearest Cameo,
I am heartbroken to read this tonight,hell I can't stop crying, I'm so shaken by this. I wish I had the power to give Trina her miracle all I can do is pray for her as hard as I can and hope

Love you guys, sending you strength

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever commented on your blog before, but I started reading it during our Guatemalan adoption 2006-2007. I just wanted to tell you that I think about your family and I have prayed for you all. I am praying for Trina to be healed.

Shelly

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever commented on your blog before, but I started reading it during our Guatemalan adoption 2006-2007. I just wanted to tell you that I think about your family and I have prayed for you all. I am praying for Trina to be healed.

Shelly

Mandy said...

I am crying reading this Cameo. I am praying hard for all of you. I wish I could give you all a big hug and be there with you or do something for you. I am praying and sending good thoughts your way. Love you all.

DJ Holly Rock said...

Cams, I'm here...always.

Love you

Cathie said...

prayers for your family

Andrea said...

Prayers for you all. I believe in miracles. Love you all so very much!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I wish there was something all of us could do to heal Trina, but I too like your Mom believe in miracles! I am praying.


Love

Andrea

Nikki said...

I am so sorry... but am hopeful for a miracle.

Cheryl said...

Cameo,

I also have never posted here before, but followed your adoption story as my daughter adopted her daughter from Guatemala. I am praying for God's love, protection and strength for each member of your family, and for Trina's miracle.

Cheryl

Steph said...

Cameo, we will be here praying fervently today for Trina and your entire family.

Crystal said...

oh my dear sweet Cameo I am praying for your family ((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

I don't know you personally but have followed your blog for a while, as I have a daughter from Guatemala too.
I am praying for your family.

Jill in Indiana

amanda said...

My heart hurts Cameo.

Merrill said...

I am so sorry.
Thinking of you and your family,
Merrill

Anonymous said...

I just read your post... my heart is breaking. I am so very sorry about for the news you all have received. I am a recent reader of your blog and have been keeping Trina and your entire family in my prayers. God bless you all.

In Prayer,
Gina
www.guatemalanblessing.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Praying for you all.

Love and hugs,
Deb

Valerie said...

Wrapping you in a big hug Cameo! I hope you can feel how hard I'm squeezing you. Love to all,
Valerie

Melissa said...

I have no words...just want you to know that I am praying for Trina and your entire family....my heart aches for you right now...

auntrene said...

Praying for a miracle. Praying for all of you.. I wish I just knew what else to say. Cancer has touched our family. I can honestly say That Cancer Sucks!!!!! I pray that they find a cure, a preventive would be wonderful so this horrible disease doesn't touch anyone else.
Just praying for now.. thats all I know to do.

michelle j said...

sending prayers for everyone!!

Doripink said...

praying, praying, praying. Trina and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Our hearts are all with Trina tonight.
Dori

Tracey said...

I don't knwo what to say other than lean on us, we are here, always!!

Loves you so very much!!

Anonymous said...

Your whole Calfornia family loves you all so much. We have not stopped praying. See ya soon.
Cousin Ang