We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Beautiful

The week that sissy was in the hospital I wanted to go get a new tattoo with Julia and Holly. I wanted to get the sissy and the kids' birth dates inked on my back. Well, in between being at the hospital during most of the day, coming home, making dinner (i.e. sending Holly and Julia to McDonalds... the one furthest away from our house, stupid GPS), putting the kids to bed, crying after they went to bed and then back to the hospital I didn't have time to squeeze in a tattoo. I've been searching for just the right thing in lieu of a tattoo and I found it at Jessie McCann's Etsy shop. The poor woman worked over time with me. You all know I have a tendency to be obsessed about the small details when it comes to something sentimental or something that reflects my family. After about 20 emails, ideas being bounced back and forth and everything in between, Jessie came up with THE perfect necklace for me:



The larger disk has the name on it, the smaller disk on top has the birth date and then the respective birthstone rests on top. Looking at the picture, L-R is Asa, Sissy and Valentina. Yes, I went with sissy instead of Trina. For the past 10 years I rarely called her Trina to her face or referred to her as Trina, it was mostly sissy. I LOVE how it turned out and can't wait to get it. Jessie just finished it today and has already shipped it. If you can't find exactly what you want, I highly recommend checking out Jessie's shop and she will work with you until you are happy.

Thank you Jessie, for helping me come up with just the perfect homage to the kids and the most important person in my life that was taken away much, much too soon.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Cameo...it turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! It is most definitely a perfect homage to the children and your precious sister. Thank you for sharing it with us..

Love and hugs,
Kathy

Patti B. said...

So beautiful!

wy-not said...

It really is beautiful Cameo. I think it's fitting that you will wear it near your heart. I expect that many years down the road, this will become a treasured family heirloom for the meaning it carries.

URBAN BLONDE said...

It is perfect! Perfectly Gorgeous!

I love how it symbolizes how you will always hold those precious three close to your heart!

Rose said...

So glad you found something to give a moment of happiness. It is just perfect!