We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, February 04, 2010

Thursday

Today is Thursday.

All I can say is that life is hell. It's torturous, raw, physically painful, at times nicely numb, horrific, sad and most of all unbelievable.

The only upside are the kids. Without them I think the Kool Aid would have been drunk a long time ago. The children make all of this bearable and yet it is worst thinking of what has been done to Asa, what has been taken away from him.

I'm emotionally and physically exhausted from this day so I will end this short post in the words of a very wise, very strong, very inspiring person. Mom, the kids and I were driving out to Grama's today and when we passed by the hospital that sissy was in, Asa said:

"There's where mama got better. That's where she became an angel."

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, man. What a sweet little boy. Wise beyond some of us adults, huh?

Nicole R. said...

OMG.. he is such a sweet sweet little boy. Cameo... he has you; and he has Trina watching him from above. i truly believe she will guide and watch him from Heaven. you will see little things that happen over the years - and all the good things and blessings will be from Trina!! God Bless! the pain sucks!

wy-not said...

Asa sounds like an amazing little boy - I think he gets that from his beautiful family! I pray for all of you daily... sending heartfelt hugs through cyberspace.

Sandy

Dutch said...

I have goosebumps from reading that. What a wise old soul Asa is.
Debbie (Skylar's Onnie) Kel's mom

michelle j said...

Asa made me smile, I hope it made you smile also. What a beautiful little boy.

michelle in nebraska

laselang said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through Cameo.....It just doesn't seem fair to you, your family and Asa.....I keep you in my prayers and hope that God gets you through each day. He may not have his mum but he is definitely blessed to have you and your mom by his side. You two will always be the piece of his mum he has to hold on to!