We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, March 11, 2010

Asshole Dentist Response

Needless to say we are now going to a new dental office. Thanks for the recommendation Ruth. And there are soooo many things that piss me off about this response that I don't know where to begin but I'll keep it at shouldn't a PEDIATRIC DENTAL OFFICE automatically be sensitive to any and all children no matter what their circumstances are? Nora's bitchiness is OUR fault? Asshole.

Dear Ms. XXXX, [he spelled my last name wrong too, stupid asshole]
I'm so sorry to hear about Asa's mother, and your sister, and your mother's daughter. I'm sure that this is very difficult time for all of you. You are all in my prayers.
I apoligize if his dental appointment increased your stress at this time. In the future, please let us know in advance if Asa or Valentina are going through difficult times in their life before we bring them back. It helps us give them extra care. We can certainly make sure that Asa and Valentina see our more experienced assistants for their next cleanings. We have made notes in their record to that effect.
Again we wish you the best in the difficult season in your life.
Dr. XXXXX

3 comments:

Lilith said...

Are they serious? OMG what a bunch of insensitive asshats!!

I hope you reply and tell them you are going elsewhere!

wy-not said...

Oh. My. God. Did your dentist write this? Holy cow. Apparently, sensitivity training and spelling are not on the university curriculum wherever he/she studied. It seems to drip with sarcasm? Or am I reading it wrong? Regardless, he/she missed the whole point entirely!

And where is the deserved apology?

Cameo, I think I would send this whole mess on to whatever association or governing body that oversees dental practices in your state. I cannot believe this. You must be enraged.

If you talk to Asa now about the dentist, what does he say? At the end of the day, it's Asa's memory and perception of it all that matters. :-(

Sandy

Kathy said...

So....he's basically saying they treat ALL children like shit unless they are told in advance to treat them nice because of a difficult situation they're going through. Shouldn't ALL their assistants be experienced and treat ALL children with extra care ALL the freaking time??? What a crock of crap!! I'm so glad you're going some place else. They should be reported! I hope Asa can forget all about that awful experience!!

Hugs,
Kathy