We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, March 15, 2010

Mom

Mom wrote a heartbreaking post on her blog.

She pretty much sums everything up. And I think she's a wonderful writer.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

wow.. cameo, that was beautiful what your mother wrote. very true of her feelings and the intensity of the loss of her daughter, your sister, Asa's mom, and V's aunt. i'm so sorry, yet there is nothing that can change what happened. And i too don't understand why prayer didn't heal Trina - we all prayed for her. i'm sorry sweetie! CANCER just plain SUCKS!

wy-not said...

Cancer is an ugly beast. I don't know where God fits in to that equation, why some people get well and others don't. I don't suppose we're supposed to know that. But we keep on praying anyway. It's all we have.

Cameo, your mother's blog is so beautiful (as is your own!). I have been praying for all of you, and as the mother of young adults like you and Trina, I send my deep, deep regrets to your mother too.

There just are no words. I wish I lived next door so my cyberhugs could be real, and my deep sorrow could be expressed face to face.

No words. Just feelings. Lots of feelings.

:-(

Sandy