We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why?

Having two young-ish kids around I kind of get used to the "why's". But there are some questions I will never get used to having to answer, especially since I have them myself.

Why did mom die?

Why didn't the doctors save her?

Why did mum get cancer?

Why can't TT come back?

Why do some people get cancer and some don't?

Why isn't life fair?

Why, why, why, why.

There is no answer when it comes to cancer but it's even more horrific when you have to try to explain the unexplainable to a five year old who is still struggling to understand why his mom died.

4 comments:

Patti B. said...

No words, no answers...so sorry for all of your pain.

wy-not said...

Yikes. Nobody should have to deal with that! Not ever. Somehow, I know you'll find the wisdom to answer the why's - maybe even just by letting Asa know too that as Patti said, "there are no answers." Maybe he'll pursue a medical career and be the one to FIND those answers. So so sad for you.

laselang said...

Just want to constantly write "I am sorry" because no one should be experiencing this much pain.....

Kathy said...

I'm not "five", and I still don't understand all the "whys". But for poor Asa it is absolutely heart-breaking that he has to go through this at especially his young age. It's just not fair - life isn't fair! Why did poor little Asa lose his Mama, why did you and I have to lose our sweet sisters, why did your mom have to lose her precious daughter? So many unexplained answers to so many questions. You are absolutely right though, there is definitely no answer when it comes to cancer. I HATE it, and I always will!! How many more lives will it destroy??

Thinking about you as always my friend. So very sorry you and your family have to go through this too.

Hugs,
Kathy