We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Asa's Birthday Party

Asa boy is six years old! He decided this year, instead in every year past when he had a party at his house, to have his shindig at Spaghetti Factory.


His cake. There wasn't an "army" cake available and really, all he cared about was that it would be chocolate cake, chocolate filling and chocolate frosting.
The birthday boy next to his cake. Please no remarks about the fact that he turned 6 but his shirt says five. Joshua was already on the fence about letting him wear that shirt but he went ahead and did it. Of course when everyone got there they had to comment that he was wearing the wrong number on his shirt.

Asa and one of his best friends, Brody. Brody is the son of my best friend's co-worker. They are only six weeks apart, Asa being older.



This picture was taken early on as when it came time to open presents the table, and all AROUND the table, was covered with gifts!


Valentina, Brody and Asa. He had three other friends there but I didn't get permission from their mom's to post pictures.



Primo y Prima

Valentina was so excited to be wearing a beautiful party dress for Asa's birthday party. She had a lot of fun too.
So that is what we did for Asa's sixth birthday. Oh, I read him his birthday blog post and about halfway through it he climbed off my lap and went to play with some toys. I looked at Beya, she looked at me and then she said "I think it meant more to you and me than it did to Asa!" I don't care, I'm just glad I wrote it so he can read it later.
Asa had a super fun time at his birthday party and is already asking if he can invite so-and-so to his next one. I don't think he quite understands the fact that he only gets one a year, haha.... But that is fine by me, he is growing up so fast so I'm going to soak in every part of his sixth year.

3 comments:

Holly G. said...

Asa...you da man AND you have excellent taste in cake.

Anonymous said...

It was obvious what a GREAT time he had and I was SUPER impressed with how incredibly unselfish he was with his friends when they took over and opened all his presents for him! VERY impressive kid!
PS I can't remember my password so I have to keep posting as anonymous! LOL!
Love Lori

Grama said...

I enjoyed Asa's birthday party too. He really is a great kid. I think the post will mean more to him later on. I'm glad you are doing this for him. Love you