We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Asa Boy!

My dearest Asa Boy,

I am writing this one day early so that I can read you this post when you wake up in the morning. First, I thought you might like to see these pictures because I don't think I've ever shown them to you.


I remember when these were taken like it was yesterday. It was probably November 2004 which means you would have been about two months old. Mum mum, daddy and you lived just around the corner from where I worked. One morning while I was working mum mum surprised me by walking into the office with you! I was so happy!!! You were all bundled up, as you can see, in your super cute, super warm yellow fleece suit. It was so soft and you loved it.
Oh how I loved showing you off! Mum took these pictures of you and me together.

I think this one is pretty funny because I made it look like you were working!

Oh Asa boy, I remember clearly all the details of when you were born. First off, you were due to be born on Saturday, September 25 and you did try to come out on that day since mum mum went into labor that morning around 8 am. Your mom called me, very calm, and said she was in labor. Oh how excited I was! I immediately called Grama and told her to tell everyone, especially Auntie Lori, that you were on your way! Well, there were some other plans since you weren't born until 8:58 am Sunday, September 26, 2004. Mum was in the hospital all night Saturday and she sent me home in the middle of the night to get some sleep. Well, I couldn't sleep so I got up out of bed and went back to the hospital to wait. Beya was there along with daddy. Oh your father was SOOOOOO excited!!! We were all so anxious to see you for the first time! When you were finally born, after 25 hours of trying to come out, I cried and cried because I was so happy. I felt like my heart was going to explode with love. I loved everything about you, your toes, your fingers, your face, your voice, your hair, everything.

You were born Sunday, September 26, 2004 at 8:58 am

You weighed 6 lbs 14 oz

You were 18 3/4 inches tall

You were perfect

I am now reading this to you on Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:58 am

You weigh 40 lbs

You are 44 inches tall

You are still perfect

Not one single day goes by that I don't thank God for you. You are a miracle child. You have grown to be a responsible, kind, gentle, compassionate, loving big boy. You are a social butterfly just like your mom. My heart wants to explode with pride every day when I take you to school and all the kids are saying "sit here Asa! Sit next to me Asa! Asa, sit here!" Everyone wants to be your friend because you are so special and they all know that.

I want you to know that your mom was ALWAYS so proud of you and loved you more than anyone else. She was so happy to be your mum mum and talked about you to everyone she ever met. There was never one minute that she wasn't thinking about you but you know that since her whole blog book is all about YOU!

Asa boy, I love you so much and my heart still feels like it's going to explode with love and pride for you. Every day is my favorite day with you and I feel so lucky to be able to watch you grow up.

I love you and don't ever forget.....

NO MATTER WHAT, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE BOY!!!!

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY ASA!!!!!

8 comments:

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday, Asa!!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Asa. You are a special and amazing boy. You are loved beyond words. Enjoy your special day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Asa! Auntie Lori is STILL excited to see you today just like I was 6 years ago too! I can't wait to come to your party today and see if you like what we got for you! You are such a kind and loving boy and I'm so proud of you! Make sure to invite me to all your kindergarten school programs because I want to see you in every one of them! I love you! Love Auntie Lori♥

Jen said...

What an amazingly beautiful letter. I loved the pictures too. Happy Birthday Asa!!!

Dottie said...

Beautiful..

Happy Birthday Asa...

Sonia said...

Happy Birthday, Asa!! We love you!!

wy-not said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Grama said...

Beautiful and so well written. I know he will love this some day.