We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Mexi Ghetto To Go

First of all, Valentina doesn't like to sleep. Seriously. The.Girl.Doesn't.Like.To.Sleep. I told my second therapist that she goes to bed around 9-9:30 pm and she was horrified. She asked why on earth is Valentina up so late. I just looked at her and said "when I put her to bed at 7 or 8 Valentina is up for the day at 5 am. Seriously. Ready for the day at 5 am. If I put her to bed between 9 and 9:30 she's up at 7, 7:30. Before school started I had a strict routine which was get the kids ready for bed and from 8-9-9:30-ish the kids were bathed, ready for bed and I had their butts plopped in front of the tv so I could fry some of my own brain cells. Asa can sleep late and it's not unusual for him to be waking up at 10 am but that is NOT going to work with school. SO! New bedtime for both kids. 8 pm the kids are in bed. I have Trina's Blog Book on Asa's nightstand and mom reads the book to Asa while I put Valentina to bed. After Valentina has conked out I move on to Asa's bed and we talk about the day, etc..... and then he finally goes to sleep. So from 8pm to 9:30pm I'm putting kids to bed. Well, this morning Valentina decided that she had had enough sleep and 4 am was a perfectly acceptable time to wake up. Of course Asa woke up too. Long story short, they both ended up in bed with Norm and me. But go back to sleep? Oh hell no! Laying in bed with sissy/mama and Uncle Norm/dad was so much more exciting! All I know is that when Norm left for work at 5:30 am I was drifting off and the kids were still awake. When my alarm went off at 6:50 this is how the kiddo's were. Too cute.
Check this out. Papa got this "trailer" for free and he's slowly fixing it up to sell and make some money on it. As you can see, he's adding a bed to it so it could be used a motorcycle trailer, possibly ATV trailer, whatever. But take a closer look at this, shall we? Please do as this is my funny post.


The uber sturdy corners of the frame. Can't beat duct tape!


Excellent and sturdy crossbars.



This corner looks like it would DEFINITELY hold up to hauling anything on the freeway!




Check out that top notch alignment job!!!!
Obviously Papa has a lot more work to do but when I came out today and saw what he was doing and the status of the trailer, well, mom and I laughed so hard! This is the epitome of Mexi Ghetto!!!! Sissy would be proud!
Finally, to end on a great note, I picked up Asa from school today and he had a GREAT day!!!! He finally mastered what he had been having a problem with and now it's no big deal. One of the parents is really cool so I gave her my info and we're going to try to do a play date since she lives about 2 miles from me. Asa's classroom is so full (they expected 20 kids in each of the kindergarten classes. Asa's room has 30 students and the room next to his has 29 students) they are going to hire a new teacher and move some kids around. I talked to Asa's teacher this morning and she said that she isn't going to move Asa, that he's had enough change in his life this year so she will continue to be his teacher. I'm soooooo relieved!!!
Tomorrow Valentina starts pre-school! It will be interesting! I can't wait to hear about her day from her..... and then get the REAL version from the teacher!
So if any of you want a tied together with duct taped sides and no bed trailer, well, let me know!

3 comments:

Jaimee said...

Hi Cameo,
I just wanted to say that I stop in often, however, I leave in tears not knowing what to say. I'm not telling you this so that you in any way feel bad about that, I'm telling you to let you know why I don't comment. I don't want to pretend I understand what you are going through, but I do know that you are hurting. Not many people's blogs make me cry, but your undying love for your sister comes through in each and every post...and it makes me so sad that you lost her. I know nothing I say will take that hurt away, but I hope you know that I'm your friend and I still check on you often. I think about Valentina, Josh, your Mom, your Dad, You, and mostly Asa. I think about you guys a lot. I truly hope the best for all of you and always hope that things will get easier with time.

BTW, this post made me laugh my ass off. In fact, I laugh my ass off every time I think of the site of this trailer and you and your Mom stumbling upon your Dad trying to fix it up.

Thanks for making me laugh today and thanks for continuing to be yourself and sharing your thoughts on this blog. You are amazing...keep being amazing!

Andrea said...

Oh girl, I LOVE this post. Made me laugh, and I am hoping it will make you laugh, even in the dark days to come. Mexi Ghetto ROCKS!

Love you!!
xoxox

Grama said...

I love what Miss Valentina picks to wear while she "helps" with the work. If she is like me she will remember this kind of stuff forever. I still think of time spent with my Grandfather.
I agree with Jaimee that sometimes I don't comment because I am too busy crying with nothing to say. Your honesty touches so deep. Love you