We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Papa!!!!

Today is Papa's 70th Birthday!!!! Here are just a few things that I love about you, papa:

* You always make sure our yard looks impeccable.

* You were the best Papa possible to Trina and me and you are an even better Papa to Asa and Valentina.

* You taught me by example how to work hard and how to earn money.

* You taught me about respect.

* You taught me that if people are racist, most of the time they aren't going to listen to you (or me) show them the error of the ways and that being angry about it isn't going to punish them, it will only punish yourself.

* You taught me that when I had an ear ache, about half the time, rolling a piece of paper into a cone shape, sticking it in your ear and lighting it on fire will usually take care of it. And this was decades before ear candling became popular!

* You taught me that winning by an inch is as good as winning by a mile.

But the best thing of all is that you taught me that you love me unconditionally.

Papa, I love you so much!!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

So BEAUTIFULLY written Cameo! Happy Birthday Papa! :0)

Amarelis said...

Beautiful! Happy Birthday to your Papa.....

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Papa! Much love from AZ!

Grama said...

You write so well. Hope your Papa had a wonderful birthday.
Love to all