We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, February 14, 2011

Another Peek

I don't feel like doing the whole birthday post right now but I will post the two video's I took.

This first one is after I sent Valentina off with Norm to get her out of the house and finally revealed the big secret to Asa.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




This is Valentina walking in to her party.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


There are so many people to thank for helping me pull this off.

Grama, for keeping Valentina (and Norm) busy while the house was a whirlwind of activity getting everything ready.

My best friend Amanda, who is always the first person to say "what can I do to help" and is always there for me, and not just for the birthday party or the happy times but the bad times too. I couldn't ask for a better best friend aka member of my family.

And of course Beya. Mom, I love you so much and needed you so much this past week and not just for cleaning and organizing the house! I needed you emotionally but that is a daily thing. I need you with me to give me strength and I need you with me to be my person. I can't do this without you.

I promise I will post all the pictures in the next day or two (maybe tonight) including one of the killer pink pirate cake I pulled off.

I love and miss you sissy. I wish you could have been here.

4 comments:

Krystal said...

Precious beyond words!!! What a fun surprise for both of them :)

Sarah said...

Awww... I love how excited Asa was for Valentina's birthday party!! And, watching her be so overwhelmed and run to mommy was precious! I hope she had a great time!!!

Grandma Kathy said...

What an awesome Mom you are! Absolutely LOVED the look on Valentina's face when she walked through the door. Your little babe is definitely growning up - what a little cutie she is!

Thanks for sharing all your fun videos! :) xxoo

Grama said...

Loved Asa's reaction. And loved when he said to her we wouldn't forget about your birthday. So cute.
I didn't hear her on the tape but I thought she said Thank you and I love you for the surprise party.
It was so much fun!
You are truly lucky to have both your Mom and Amanda.