We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, March 14, 2011

Award


So, the amazing and unbelievably strong Jen gave me this award. She is seriously one of the most, well, I can't think of the right superlative right now, but she's super cool and the way she fights for her Aviana is just awe inspiring.


One of the rules of this is that I'm supposed to tag seven people. Jen's blog is pretty much the only one I read so I don't really have anyone to tag. BUT I'm supposed to write seven things about me. In keeping with Jen's theme I'm going with light and airy bullshit stuff about me.


1. I hate Rachael Ray (or however dumb way she spells it). Hate her. She's so annoying and fake.


2. I watch "Real Housewives of OC", "Atlanta" and "Beverly Hills". Pretty much every single woman makes me want to vomit yet I can't turn away. The Atlanta one cracks me up the most because they are all so ghetto but think they are "high class". Kyle and Lisa are my favorite ones from Beverly Hills because they seem the most "normal" and I was devilishly happy watching Kelsey Grammer leave that plastic bitch Camille on national TV. Tamra and Gretchen are more alike than they would ever admit to, both skanky.


3. I love Gummi Bears. Those and Laffy Taffy are my favorite candy, but only the green and red Laffy Taffy's. I buy them in bulk and rifle through them to just get the red and green ones. I'm ashamed to admit that the kids each got a giant Gummi Bear for Christmas and I hid them for myself. Watching tv one night with mom I needed some sugar so I broke one of them out. Mom just happened to look at me at the exact time I decapitated him with my mouth. I don't think she'll ever be able to erase the horror of what she witnessed.


4. I'm an HGTV slut. Saturday and Sunday's were made for HGTV. I come up with a million ideas of what I want to do with my house and make all these plans that I can't afford and have remodeled my house probably 729 times in my head.


5. "Know your land, know your prey." Mom got me sucked into a "Mantracker" marathon one Saturday during a brief HGTV break.


6. I think I've already mentioned this one but I find Karl Pilkington very attractive. I'm so bummed "An Idiot Abroad" is over.


7. I'm obsessive about always having my kitchen cupboards shut. I hate it when one of them is left open. I get that from mom because she was the same way when we were growing up. I used to go into the kitchen and "turn" the cupboard doors open and pretend I was Vanna White on "Wheel of Fortune."

5 comments:

Cameo said...

One last fun fact about me; I accidentally hit "publish" before I had a chance to reread this post so I apologize if the grammar is wrong. I also read my blog posts usually twice before I publish them.

Andrea said...

Karl?? Really?? I'll give you Ricky Gervais, but Karl? I LOVE that show, though, so I kind of get it. Kind of. I am sad it's over, too. I hope there will be another version, but now that he knows it's sort of one big joke, I doubt it.

I laughed outloud at the thought of Beya watching you decapitate the gummy bear. Classic.

LLP said...

You crack me up! I'm with Andrea about the gummy bear. :0) Oh, you forgot to mention your love of clowns.

Katrina @ They All Call Me Mom said...

That darn Racheal Ray gets on my nerves, too. Is it just me, or does her smile remind anyone else of Jack Nicholson as Batman's "The Joker" ???? Seriously, do a comparison sometime. The resemblance is uncanny.

And Gummi Bears? Oh yes. I love those little guys. I love them when they are a little cold and hard to chew. I love them when they are soft and warm, too. I love them in a car, I love them from a jar....

One of my best and most memorable gifts as a child was a giant-sized jar of Gummi Bears.

I'm visiting from Jen's blog :)

Anonymous said...

When Rachael Ray says things like "smashed potatoes" or "sammys" I want to scream and tear her head off! I HATE all her "cute" little nick-names for things! BARF!

Lori