We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break Pictures

First off, Valentina is doing pretty damn good with her tonsils. Today was the first day she ate something and then cried because her throat hurt. Mom made tacos for lunch and the corn tortillas were too hard for her. Well that and I'm such a fucking idiot. I've been so careful to keep her away from anything acidic including citrus and especially anything tomato based. What did I put on her taco? Tomatoes. To quote Charlie Sheen, "duh!" The nurse said this is to be expected around Day Five as the scabs are forming and it's more tender now. She really has been a trouper though. I write down when I give her medicine but I can tell when it's getting close to her next dose because she starts to drag and is more lethargic. On the flip side I can always tell as soon as the meds kick in because she's dancing around and yelling and singing. Our first night in the big city. We had dinner at a diner just a few blocks away from our hotel and Valentina was hamming it up. I just have to say this, that diner had the best sandwich I've ever eaten in my life. Seriously. I've been craving it ever since and have been trying to recreate it to no avail. Oh, and the onion rings! They were very flavorful and not at all greasy. It was an amazing meal. The next morning. We hit the small cafe next door to our hotel where Valentina had a yogurt and Asa couldn't find a muffin he liked. I think I bought him three different ones and he didn't like any of them. He sure looked cute though! Valentina with her yogurt..... and her papa.
At Chuck E Cheese. We met my aunt there with two of her grandkids. All the kids had a great time. This game had a light that went around and you had to jump when it came to you, basically an electronic jump rope. Look at where Valentina's feet are in this picture.......


...... and in this one. Yes, she really is that high off the ground. The girl can jump!


This submarine game was Asa's favorite.


Check out that concentration.


The equestrian of the family.


Valentina seriously rode this damn horse at LEAST 10 times.


I surprised the kids with ice cream when we were at one of the touristy pit stops.


Back in the hotel room, just kicking back and watching a movie on the portable DVD player that we never travel without.


Asa at his first soccer game. Speaking of which, sadly our team has lost their first two games of the season. To be honest, we're getting our asses kicked. Last week the score was 4-0, this week it was 5-0. Last season Asa's team went undefeated. I guess that's the difference between having a great coach and a worthless one. I do not like his current coach, he doesn't really do anything but I do think it's good for Asa to be on the losing team for once. He's still having fun and loving the game. I think for Fall season we're going to put Asa in the level above his current one so he can go back to having his amazing coach. I have stayed in touch with his old coach and he even came to Asa's game last week just to see Asa and help out. Coach made Asa promise that he would get him a ticket for his first MLS game :)


Valentina starts ballet next month and she's very excited. We will have a full schedule with school and multiple after school activities.


I wish so badly sissy was here to participate in the chaos, in the adventures, in LIFE. I miss her so much and nothing is the same without her.

No comments: