We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, May 07, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Sissy

Dear Sissy,

I would normally write you a Mother's Day post so even though you aren't here to read it I am still going to do it.

I'm so grateful that we were able to see each other become moms. It was truly the job we were meant to do and we did as much of it together as possible.

You were the best mum mum Asa could have ever had. You loved him with all your heart and he loves reading how much loved him in your blog book.

I'm so glad you had the first baby because from you I learned:

* no matter how much attention or love your child gets from everyone else, a hug from his mom is always the best.

* how to be a more relaxed mom

* that it's ok if the kid falls down the stairs, he'll still be handsome..... and smart :)

* consistency is key.

* if you don't know what to do, read a parenting book (I still don't do this one but it was great to see you do it!)

* patience, patience, patience

* you don't stop your life because you had a child, you live your life WITH your child

* take your child on a date, just the two of you


There are countless other things I learned from you. We had so much fun in our teens and then being selfish in our 20's. We partied and had fun and knew how to be the life of the party.

But it was in our 30's that we became moms and that was the greatest part of our lives together. We still partied, we just called it going out to lunch with our kids and Beya.

I will forever love and miss you but at least we were able to see each other become the women we were meant to be, which was to become mothers to the two most adorable, loving children ever born.

Happy Mother's Day sissy.

3 comments:

Jaimee said...

What a beautiful post Cameo! I love how you remember the most wonderful things about your sister. She is smiling down on you for sure!!!

Jen said...

Right when I read the title, I knew I would cry....and I DID....AM!! I am SO happy you both had the chance to see each other as Mom's.

Love you to pieces!

Andrea said...

Love you Cameo, and love you Sissy.