We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, May 01, 2011

This Time It IS A Little Thing

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know my love of the word "wonky". I've been surprised the number of times I've heard it recently. Valentina used it the other day, "mama, my shoe is wonky" because it was coming undone and her toe was sticking out. Papa laughed when he heard it and asked her what WONKY was. She looked at him and said "it's when something feels funny." I love this word. I thought I had invented the word until people started emailing me stories of where they heard it. I have always loved the fact that people think of me when they hear the word because, well, I do. So imagine my happy surprise when I flipped on HGTV (remember, I'm an HGTV slut on the weekends) today and saw the following:




Sometimes it IS the little things that make me smile :)

No comments: