We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Latest Pics Of Kids

I wanted a new picture of the kids together so I was snapping some today and when I downloaded them I found that I had several already on my camera. Since I have blogged primarily about the downer side of my life I thought maybe I should post what puts a smile on a face. A REAL, genuine smile ☺



This was I think last week when I took the kids out to dinner. It was just the three of us.


Valentina's eyes shut here........


.....Asa's eyes shut here......


......BINGO!


Having fun with the dirty mirror that was above our table.


Oh how I recognize this snarl. This is the face Valentina gives me just before she slams the door to her room shut, yelling at me for some horrible thing I did to her, usually telling her to pick up her toys.


SURPRISE!


Asa telling me "no sissy, don't take my picture" but his face tells a different picture altogether.


This was today.


Valentina tells me that she needs to wear her sunglasses to see clearly. This is the explanation I have given her when she used to ask me why I wore glasses.


Asa today telling me yet again "no sissy, don't take my picture!" while smiling the whole time.


Look at that mischievous face, I just love it!

Money shot. I had to bribe Asa with 10 minutes on the Wii in order to get them to take pictures together. I took about 15 before I got this perfect one.

So there you have it, my adorable kiddos who make me laugh, make me smile, make me frustrated, make me giggle, make me happy and most of all, make me love them more than anybody in the world. I have a saying that I tell them. I ask them "who do I love more than you?" and they shout in unison "NOBODY!!!" That is the truth!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love the pictures, love the kids and LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!!