We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, July 22, 2011

Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad, that's all I hear when a new season of the show starts, ends and awards ceremonies come around.

I've never watched the show.

Then again I'm usually a late bloomer when it comes to finding excellent TV shows. More often than not sissy would turn me on to a show. She found "Nip/Tuck", "Castle", "Mad Men" and "Leverage" for me. I didn't discover "Arrested Development" until the second of their three seasons. I now have all three seasons on DVD and will pop one in just out of the blue when I want to laugh.

I always meant to get around to watching "Breaking Bad" but never did.

Until now.

Holy shit.

Mom and I watched the first two episodes of the first season together. I have never been so disturbed by something so darkly funny. I was simultaneously horrified and laughing hysterically. I asked mom if she wanted to continue watching it and she said no, it was a bit too graphic for her.

Last night Norm and I cruised through the entire three episodes on disc 2 of season one. Got that? Haha....

I love "Breaking Bad". I'm supposed to get the last disc of season one today so it's pretty safe to say that by the end of the weekend I should be at least halfway through season two or done with it. I was afraid that it wouldn't live up to the hype. I didn't need to worry.

I always read the end of mystery books first to find out what happens. The highest form of praise I can give "Breaking Bad" is that I haven't looked up every season on Wikipedia to find out the twists and turns.

Okay, I did look ahead to see what happens in season one.

But that's it! Honest! I'm quite happy to hold on to my seat and go on the dark ride that "Breaking Bad" is taking me on.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Ok, I'm going to have to watch this one! I'm looking for something to watch, I just don't watch TV. I did stumble across "Big, Rich, Texas" for something totally stupid to watch. OMG! Is all I can say after watching that for an hour. Too funny!