We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, July 03, 2011

Obsessed

I think it's official.

I'm obsessed with the Casey Anthony trial.

I don't know how I came to this conclusion. Was it the fact that I, Miss Insomniac, went to bed at 10:30 pm last night because I knew I had a long day today with closing arguments? Was it the fact that I set my alarm for 5:45 am this morning in order to not miss a thing? Was it the fact that I watched every minute of the trial today? Was it the fact that I still have Jeff Ashton's closing on my DVR so I can watch it again? Was it the fact that I checked Twitter every five seconds to see what everyone else was talking about? Was it the fact that I was literally pacing while waiting to hear if mah boo Jeff Ashton was going to be bitch slapped by Judge Perry for (understandably) laughing during Jose Baez' painfully long closing? Was it the fact that I have developed a huge crush on Jeff Ashton? Was it the fact that I kept yelling at the TV today? Was it the fact that I felt there was no reason to get out of bed Saturday because court wasn't in session?

The bottom line is a precious little girl, weeks away from her third birthday WAS murdered and I believe it was literally at the hands of her own mother. I cannot imagine how twisted and demented a person has to be to kill their child.

I am obsessed with hoping to see justice done and have the murderer be held responsible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg, I'm shocked at the verdict.