We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, July 01, 2011

Valentina Misc

Here are few things that make me laugh about Valentina that I want to document.

* She wants to grow up to be a superhero.

* The superhero she wants to be is Storm, the "powder" to change the weather! (that's what she says, verbatim.)

* Whenever it is rainy or cloudy Beya will say to Valentina, "Storm, can't you make it sunny?"

* When it IS sunny Valentina says "look! I made it sunny! I used my super powders!"

* One time when we were commending her on using her weather changing super powders she sheepishly revealed "I can't really change the weather, I just pretend to."

* Ever since she admitted she CAN'T change the weather she takes credit FOR changing the weather.

* Her favorite show is Peppa Pig which means she watches her 2 or 3 favorite episodes over and over and over and then talks with an English accent.

* She is ALWAYS thinking of Asa and wants to be fair with him. If we are somewhere and she gets a sticker or sucker (this happened more when he was in school and he wasn't with us as much) she would always take another one and say "Asa needs one too" or "can I have one for my brother too?"

* About a month ago Grama came over (again, while Asa was at school) and gave Valentina a present her brother Jone had given to her for Valentina. Valentina loved it but immediately asked where Asa's present was.

* When Grama told Valentina that Jon hadn't gotten anything for Asa, Valentina was horrified. She still talks about how it wasn't kind that Jon didn't get anything for Asa. I think Jon needs to watch his back next time he sees Valentina :)

* Valentina is VERY protective of Asa.




Superhero Storm

No comments: