We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, July 15, 2011

Wendy

I just saw a commercial for Wendy's advertising their new fresh berry frosty parfaits and shakes. Asa and I went to Wendy's last weekend just to get our favorite chocolate oreo twisted frosty and found out they don't have them anymore, just the parfaits. They are not NEARLY as good. So RIP Chocolate Oreo Twisted Frosty. You were very good to me.

Seeing the commercial for Wendy's reminded me of a joke a former co-worker told me. This was a looooong time ago, probably 15 years ago. It went like this:

This guy had a girlfriend Wendy and she kept after him to get her name tattoo'd on his, er, pride and joy I shall call it, to prove how much he loved her. He kept telling her no, that it would hurt too much. Well, after enough prodding (haha, no pun intended, really) she finally convinced him. As he predicted, it was very painful so as a thank you Wendy treated him to a trip to Jamaica.

So the dude and Wendy go to Jamaica. While they are there the dude found himself going to the bathroom. Even though they were in a sunny locale, the dude, er, pride and joy was still, well, "cold" so the only visible part of his tattoo was "WY", the "end" (again, no pun intended) was, well, cold and hiding. While the dude was using the facilities he looked over and saw what appeared to be a local guy as he had dreadlocks and beads in his hair. The dude's eyes wandered down and saw that oddly enough that the local also had a "WY" tattoo'd on HIS pride and joy!

The local looked over and saw that the dude was looking at him. Anxious to show the local that he wasn't just checking him out, the dude struck up a conversation with him.

Dude - So! I see that we have the same tattoo.

Jamaican local - Yes we do, mon!

Dude - I take it your girlfriend's name is Wendy too?

Jamaican local (laughing) - Oh no, my tattoo says "Welcome to Jamaica mon, have a nice daY"

1 comment:

your llp said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm sure that joke came for Kirsten!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!