We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, August 07, 2011

Fashion Show

I originally wrote this post on Wednesday but for some reason never hit publish. In the meantime Beya, the kids and I went and bought some more clothes, winter clothes. The kidditos got long sleeved shirts and a few other things. So without further ado, here is a post that is four days old, oops!

Grama generously gave me some money to help pay for the kids back to school clothes. We were super busy today but we accomplished sooooo much!!! Beya, the kidditos and I not only went to lunch but we also hit Target for school supplies (check) and clothes (double check). Then I had a doctors appointment at McMexi's office.....AND I GOT TO SEE HIM BRIEFLY!!! I only see his assistant anymore since there is nothing they can do, it's just a case of trying to manage my pain, but today I SAW MCMEXI!!!!!

After we got home we went swimming and after coming in and getting dried off, the kids surprised me by wanting to try on all their new clothes. Of course I had to get pictures of them :) Please indulge me in showing off my adorable, handsome, sassy kids.





Asa INSISTED on having this pair of distressed jeans. Beya and I both prefer the darker jeans but Asa had to have these. He loved the patch on the hole and thought it looked so cool.



Valentina picked out all of her own clothes as did Asa.I've tried picking out what I want Valentina to wear and it doesn't go over very well, she will just refuse to wear it.



I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these outfits!



Asa did get more than just this pair of jeans, he just didn't want to try the others on.


Beya found the denim vest for Valentina and when I saw it my mind instantly thought of sissy. Well, she was already on my mind, but I knew that Trina would have bought her Vali this vest. Trina's and my taste in our kids' clothes were different but I try to buy Valentina at least one outfit that I know sissy would have picked out.

I LOVE these cutoffs for Valentina, they have the cutest rhinestones around the bottom of the shorts. Poor Asa didn't get as many clothes as Valentina because most of Asa's clothes were "branded", well, as name brand as Target gets, haha. I, on the other hand, am perfectly happy to show Valentina the way to the mix and match sets displays that are $6 each. It does make me happy knowing that I am buying the brands sissy would have bought for Asa.


Asa you can tell, we're winding down on the photo shoot and the kiditos are getting a little restless!



I LOVED this shirt! It was so cute because I would show Valentina a shirt, ask her if she liked it and she would take it from me, track down Asa and ask "Asa, do you like this shirt?" If he said no she would put the shirt back. Usually Asa would answer "that's the most beautifulest shirt in the world!" Valentina HAD to get Asa's approval on all of her clothes :) They are so close and the sweetest brother and sister. If I can keep their relationship this close as they grow up I will consider my job as a mom a success.


I love this new jacket for Asa. As usual, he can't just take a picture, he has to always be a comedian!

Even though Valentina got a few more outfits than Asa I was shocked when I went through and tallied up the bottom line. Asa's clothes came to a grand total of $138. Valentina's were $139. One dollar difference! I couldn't believe it. Of course I still have my Kohls Cash that I need to spend and both kiditos need some long sleeved shirts but other than that THEY ARE SET FOR SCHOOL!!!!! It's such a great feeling and we all had fun.

Next week we get to see my friend Ruth and her three beautiful daughters she adopted from Guatemala. In two weeks we'll be trying to connect with Jaimee and finally next month we have a super special lunch planned with someone amazing and after that we'll be hooking up with my cousin, wife and their two adorable kids. Their daughter is exactly two years younger than Asa, both of their birthdays are 9/26 and their baby boy is about four months old. So again, life is busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Love the fashion show and the cute distressed jeans of Asa's! Oh, and that little vest and jean skirt on V is amazing! What big kids they are all getting to be! I can't wait to see you and get the kids together, let's firm things up in a week or so.