We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, August 21, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

That's what my grandma always used to say whenever we got home from somewhere.

We just got home last night after driving to Boise, Idaho and spending less than 48 hours there. Norm had meetings there Thursday evening, Friday and Saturday morning. We had nothing better to do and since Thursday was sissy's birthday we found the timing perfect to get the hell out of town and do something different. Mom and I made the 8-10 hour drive with the kids while Norm flew. Going down there it took us about 10 hours and coming home it was about 8.5 hours. It was just what we needed, when we needed it and there were plenty of things that went awry to make us laugh uncontrollably. There was also plenty of pain of not having sissy with us. All in all it made for a really great trip. I'll be posting pictures after I get unpacked and everything put away, which everyone knows is the worst thing about taking a vacation, even if it is for only three days.

No comments: