We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Never Ceasing

The human brain never ceases to amaze me. It's as if giant parts of it just have to turn off because in order for them to work the amount of emotional pain it would cause would be just unbearable.

It never ceases to amaze me that I'm able to drive my car when my sister is dead.

It never ceases to amaze me that I can write that sentence without having a total breakdown every time.

It never ceases to amaze me that I HAVE to write that sentence.

It never ceases to amaze me that I'm able to laugh and actually appear normal when inside nothing could be further from the truth.

It never ceases to amaze me that my mind is constantly screaming at me that my sister is gone.

It never ceases to amaze me that we all lost such an integral part of our family.

It never ceases to amaze me that my life is real when it all seems so surreal.

It never ceases to amaze me that I don't have my sister.

No comments: