We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, September 08, 2011

Alarming Fire

There's a big forest fire that was many miles away from my parents cabin. No more. I got a text from a really close friend with inside information and she's been keeping us updated.

The fire, as of about an hour ago, was a mile and a half away and headed straight for the cabin.

To lose my childhood home wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to us in the past 2 years but it still isn't on my top things of what I want to happen either.

I was talking to mom about it and I told her that I wanted the pictures. All of my childhood pictures with sissy are in the cabin. It's where sissy and I grew up together. It's where I lived from the time I was 5 until 17. Trina loved going to the cabin after Asa was born. I began to tolerate it after Valentina came home. It's out in the middle of nowhere and I just feel so isolated out there that it makes me sad but mom, papa and Trina have always loved it. Valentina and Asa love going there. I haven't been there since way before sissy died.

The pictures. I want the pictures. Then again like I told mom instead of growing old with sissy and being able to talk about all of our escapades all I have is a fucking notebook with things written down.

I still don't want our house to burn. I really don't.

No comments: