We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, September 26, 2011

Whew!

Today is Asa's birthday so of course yesterday was his SURPRISE birthday party. It went perfectly! He was so surprised and all the kids were great. There were 9 kids and about 25 adults, just the right amount of people for the house to not feel cramped. Asa said it was his best birthday ever.

Friday was cram packed full.

We drove to Seattle to have lunch with.........JEN!!!!!! I can't wait to write all about it but in a nutshell I felt like I had known Jen all my life. We talk on the phone and when we (finally, haha) met at the restaurant I just sat next to her and it was like we had always known each other. She is one of the most genuine, REAL, extraordinary, funny, self deprecating, loving, (dingy) and generous person I've ever met. Friday deserves it's own blog post and I'm going to write it as soon as I get the pictures from my camera........which I have to wait til Friday to get since I forgot it at my cousin's house in Seattle. Luckily Norm is working there all week so he's able to pick it up.

Speaking of my husband, I feel like I won't remember who he is. He had to leave the party early to drive back up to Seattle for work this week. He no sooner comes home Friday night and then has meetings all day Saturday and Sunday morning he flies out for more meetings and won't be home until Tuesday night.

I'm so grateful to have my parents. Beya and Papa did more than help me for the party, they DID the party and Josh paid for it so really all I had to do was throw it.

I feel like I've been running on adrenaline for the past two weeks and now I'm totally going to crash both emotionally and physically.

So I have two posts to write, Asa's birthday party and Friday's Seattle trip so stick around.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASA BOY!!!!!

Asa, you are now my SEVEN year old boy and I couldn't love you any more than I already do!


3 comments:

Jen said...

Awwww! You are so sweet...I think all of the vary same things of you...and more! All our life...yes, that's true!

Love you!!

Jen said...

* very *

Jaimee said...

Happy Birthday Asa! Dominic, Diego, and Bela wish they could celebrate with you!!!