We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, October 24, 2011

Nicole

I "met" Nicole on the adoption.com message boards during the start of our adoption process. I had noticed that although we lived on opposite ends of the country we were using the same adoption agency. I private messaged her and found out we had quite a bit in common and some things were totally different. I told her I was envious of her "glamorous life" (she takes the train to work, how cool is that?!) and she loved reading about sissy's and my relationship.

Not only did we use the same agency but for a brief time her son was in the same hogar as Valentina.

As is normal with life after our kids came home we became busy with them and our emails started to become less and less frequent.

Nicole is so kind and sweet and she emailed me periodically after sissy was diagnosed. She would cry with happiness and sadness with each peak and valley of sissy's cancer. After Trina died, as I did with 99% of my friends and family, I shut down and didn't talk to anyone.

I recently made contact with Nicole again and we have picked right up where we left off. She is once again leading a glamorous life, being profiled in a coffee table book on adoption!!!! I urge you to check out the link to the pictures that are being compiled to make up the book. You can see just how beautiful Nicole and her family are, inside and out.

No comments: