We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Questions

I have a million questions that I wish I could ask sissy. So many things that I wonder about. So many conversations we could still have.



Is Tahiti still your dream vacation?

Do you remember wearing black jeans to school?

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?

What is your favorite thing about Valentina?

What is your favorite thing about Asa?

What is the one thing that I do that most annoys you?

Are you still watching "Castle" now that you got me hooked on it?

What is your favorite way of drinking coffee?

Why didn't you tell me you hated the way I had my crosses up all haphazardly?

How can you be so patient with the kids when they play with playdough?

What is it about beer that you love?

Do you still have some of that lemon sugar scrub we bought together?

Do you still use your bath poufs instead of a washcloth?

What is your favorite holiday besides your birthday?

What is your favorite thing about being a mom?

What did you learn most from mom?

Who can you not stand?

Who did you want to win Survivor?

Who did you want to win The Amazing Race?

Should we enter The Amazing Race?

Would you enter Take The Money And Run with me?

How are you sleeping?

What snow cone flavor is your favorite?

Where was the last place you found your napkin that you "tucked"?

What was your dream last night?

What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Do you remember making me our first family ornament when we were still paperchasing and you just wrote "Baby" on it?

What is your favorite outfit of Asa's?

What do you love to see Valentina in?

How do you make your Mexican hot chocolate?

What do you think of Asa playing Star Wars video games?

What new show are you most excited about next year?

Do you still "want to go to there"?

What is your earliest memory?

What do you miss most about Grandma?

What do you miss most about Grandpa?

Are you watching Storage Wars?

What do you want for Christmas?

What..............




So many things I wish I could ask. But when I ask all I hear is silence and unrelenting disbelief that you aren't here to give me an answer.

No comments: