We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, December 12, 2011

Sign Me Up

I had the TV on while doing some other things and kept hearing some strange things. I had to actually rewind and listen to it again to make sure I wasn't listening an SNL skit. Nope, it was an actual commercial. I had to write down some of this shit because I couldn't believe it.

"Walking, eating, driving or engaging in other activities while asleep without remembering it the next day have been reported.

Abnormal behaviors may include:
- Aggressiveness
- Agitation

- Hallucinations or confusion

In depressed patients worsening of depression and risk of suicide may occur. Alcohol may increase these risks.

Allergic reaction such as tongue or throat swelling may occur and may be fatal.

Side effect may include:
- Unpleasant taste

- Headache
- Dizziness

- Morning drowsiness

As your doctor if Lunesta is right for you.

There's a land of restful sleep. We can help you go there on the wings of Lunesta."


Sure, sign me up! I'd love to have those side effects! And uh, I might be pointing out the obvious here but if it is doing what it's supposed to, make you sleep, isn't there a possibility that you wouldn't KNOW your tongue and throat is swelling? I guess that is why it could be fatal. I might Ambishop, Ambiblog or Ambibook without remembering but at least I don't have to sign away my life (literally) or have my license taken away for a sleeping pill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're both classified as Z-drugs. They both have the same side effects, tolerance frets & withdrawals effects. I didn't know that initially or I never would've tried them both. I haven't taken them since 2010. The withdrawal symptoms were the worst experience of my life. They're also as hard to get off (withdrawal symptom wise) as the benzos which are harder to get off than heroin (it's a fact if you research it, another ting I had no clue about). I took Valium for 8 years for back spasms & the taper off was hell. Valium is supposed to be easiest to get off because of the longer half life, Xanax is the hardest because it has the shortest half life. Anyway, your post reminded me of my horrible experience with prescriptions meds. I never knew something you never abused, could have such disastrous consequences. :(

Anonymous said...

*tolerance effects not frets. Stupid autocorrect on this iPad. :)