We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Does It Work????

Does the Netti Pot or those other run-water-through-your-nose contraptions work? My doctor told me to do it two weeks ago when I was diagnosed with a sinus infection but I never did. Now I still have the sinus drip in the back of my throat and it's really bugging me so I thought I would go to you and ask.....

IS IT WORTH IT TO BUY ONE?????????

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yes. I use something similar to a Neti Pot and it clears the sinuses out wonderfully. I think it's called Sinus Rinse, and it looks more like a squeeze bottle than a tea pot. My problem is, I never remember to do it BEFORE I get sick, but when I do use it, it will clear up in a day or two instead of weeks. Just make sure to follow the directions for the water, and make sure it's sterilized before using it.

Jen said...

I heard it would work for my headaches. In my experience, not so. For what you are using it for, I wonder...maybe : )

PJ, Minnesota said...

I use a neti pot because I have two cats who cause sneezing fits. I love the thing! It is creepy to use the first time, but it is painless, and it really helps clear up sinus "junk." You pour water into one nostril, and it makes its rounds and comes out the other one. You'll feel lots better.
Just found this blog by random reading. I want to say I am so sorry about your sister. I have four sisters, and I can only imagine how that must feel.

Anonymous said...

I love my Neti Pot...I hear that it's good for allergies but I only use it when I'm sick. It clears out all the junk in your sinuses. Just be sure you use distilled water, not plain tap water.

Rhonda said...

I use the squeeze bottle type that Andrea is talking about. Doctor advised me to use it every day to clear out any allergens and to help clear out infection. I love it. It really does help. I do not get any more sinus infections. Before using it, I was constantly getting infections. Use bottled distilled water, NOT TAP WATER.