We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, February 24, 2012

Therapy

I love therapy.

Correction.

I love going to therapy with mom.

This last time was especially fun. I'm not being sarcastic in the least, I think it's the most mom and I laugh, and cry, the entire week. Last week I was shocked at my dissociation disorder diagnosis. This week mom was dumbfounded at Dr. B's diagnosis of HER.

Beya has an obsessive compulsive personality.

I was cracking up at the gasp mom gave when Dr. B said this. Mom just looked at him, then me and then raised her hand to her chest and questioned "ME???" It was like something out of a movie. I think at this point I was doubled over, tears of laughter spilling over my eyes.

You see, mom sees herself as a very flexible, very go with the flow, very languid  type of person. Of course sissy and I would talk about her and say how rigid she was but mom always argued with us, INSISTING she was not like that, kind of proving our point for us. Oh how sissy and I would laugh at her.

That's one of the millions of things I miss. Sissy and I teaming up against mom. Mom used to cry out "oh sure, just gang up on Beya" and we were more than happy to oblige.

So yes, I love therapy.

With my mom.

Dr. B is on vacation this coming week so we'll have to wait an extra week for any new revelations.

I can't wait.


2 comments:

Jen said...

Too Funny!

Is amazing how we can't see these things in ourselves, but others can see them clear as day.

I love you Cameo.

I love you Beya, you and all your obsessive compulsive tendencies ; )

Sac Hermes Plume said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.