We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Perfection

I just have to say that last nights season finale of "Castle" was absolute perfection. I had seen the previews of Kate walking into a room, grabbing a man and appearing to kiss him. It didn't take a diehard fan to see the background was Rick's apartment but still, you never know if it will be a dream or if the scene will cutaway or a myriad of other ways that it could be resolved. I only took one Ambien last night so I could be "present" and watch the show. If you remember, this had been one of sissy's favorite shows and I started watching it after she died. I have imaginary conversations with her in my head during and after each episode so this show holds a very special place in my heart. There were quite a few shows that we watched together but only a handful of ones that she watched and I didn't. "Leverage" was another one and I've since become an avid fan of that also.

Anyway, I have a routine of watching "Castle". I must be alone or if Norm is with me he must be absolutely silent. There must be no talking, even during the commercials, it interferes with my "conversations" with sissy. Last night I didn't even have to tell Norm to be quiet, I think he was as in to it as I was. We were both leaning towards the tv in anticipation. I couldn't wait to tell Beya this morning what had happened. I talk to her about it in the same way that sissy talked to me about it in that mom doesn't watch the show but does listen to me. I even got a bit emotional while watching it, which as you know I try to hold back my emotions as much as possible. I found a great article on the season finale.

I thought last years season finale was amazing but I was hoping this one would be less dramatic and have a few more ends tied up.

It was perfection.

No comments: