We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, July 27, 2012

Just Because

It's been a while, too long, since I have posted pictures of the kids so I'm righting this horrible wrong. 



Asa learned to ride his bike in one day a few weeks ago. I was so proud of him!!!! He only fell down once! I couldn't be more proud of him! I'm sensing a new bike in his future, I just hope I can hold out until his birthday to get it for him. I can't wait to be the one to get him his first new bike :)


Impromptu photo shoot this afternoon.



Asa re-enacting what he did at soccer camp when his team won.


Asa boy is no longer a little boy, he's growing up to be a big boy. Hard to believe he'll be 8 in September and yet it seems like he's always been this age.


They both had to do a funny photo.


THERE'S my Asa boy!


I can't believe it, I actually got Valentina to look at the camera!!! Jen, you can relate to what a difficult feat this is!




Oh how I love these kiddos, even when they frustrate me so!