We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Asa

My dearest, sweetest Asa boy,

This morning at 8:58 am you turned 8 years old. Eight! You're in second grade! On one hand I can't believe how big and old you are and on the other hand you seem like you've always been this age. You are so fun and make me laugh. You play tricks on me and that was a GREAT one with the gum today!

You are so independent and now it's so easy to tell you "go take a shower and brush your teeth." I can also hear you yell at me "KLEENEX!!!!" when you sneeze so you don't have to get it yourself. I love watching you grow up. You are such a smart boy and I love watching you learn and become better at writing. I know you don't like to do it but you keep plugging away and doing your homework, even if it does take a ton of bribing and threats from me!

You are my favorite son and that will NEVER change!

You are so kind and I'm so proud of the fact that you have such good sportsmanship in soccer. You are nice to everyone and stand up for yourself. You also stand up for what you think is right and I am SO PROUD of that!

I hope that one day when you have kids you will know exactly how much I love you and how my heart explodes with love for you.

I love you so much!!!!!!

Happy Birthday my son.

2 comments:

tony adams said...

Happy birthday to you, Thanks for sharing....





Please also click on this keywords please :-- structured settlements | sell structured settlements | sell annuity | lump sum cash payment

Valerie Doe said...

nice!
check out my blog
my-teen-secret-diary.blogspot.­gr
become a member if you like it :)