We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Miss......

I miss you calling me out on my shit.

I miss you telling me "you hurt my feelings when you....."

I miss you answering your phone.

I miss you coming over, leaving and then finding half drank soda cans around the house.

I miss you arguing with me that you always drink all your soda.

I miss you laying on the love seat taking a nap with your bald head.

I miss you laughing at Asa.

I miss you laughing at Valentina.

I miss meeting your eyes and knowing exactly what you're thinking.

I miss us looking at each other and mom saying "oh, I know you guys are making fun of me. What did I do now?"

I miss giggling with you.

I miss us telling stories about growing up and having two totally views and versions of it.

I miss getting manic with you.

I miss our evening phone calls.

I miss our lunches.

I miss us watching tv over the phone together.

I miss talking to you about tv shows.

I miss you telling me about shows that you watch that I didn't.

I miss you posting on your blog.

I miss seeing your posts on Facebook.

I miss you telling me about a book you read.

I miss watching movies with you.

I miss us always vowing to see every movie nominated for Best Picture Oscar before the Oscars but never following through.

I miss us picking only the movies we had seen to win Oscars.

I miss us talking about the perils about bipolar.

I miss answering the phone and you being on the other end.

I miss the phone ringing and knowing why you were calling before I even answered.

I miss our psychiatrist appointments together.

I miss complaining about you to mom.

I miss the three of us complaining about each other.

I miss telling you secrets and then having you blurt them out, forgetting they were a secret.

I miss absolutely every thing about you.

I miss you.

No comments: