We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, October 07, 2012

I Wonder.........

Trina would be 43. 

I wonder how she would have worn her hair. 

I wonder how many times she would have colored it. 

I wonder how many times she would have cut it. 

I wonder what fashion trends she would be using. 

I wonder what TV shows she would be watching. I wonder what movies she would have seen. 

I wonder how she would have been as a mother to two. 

I wonder if her baby would have been a boy or a girl. 

I wonder what kind of cell phone she would have now. 

I wonder if she would have finished school. 

I wonder what kind of job she would have now. 

I wonder how Asa would be different if his mom were still alive. 

I wonder how many adventures we would have taken. 

I wonder what new recipes she would have made. 

I wonder what shoes she would have bought. 

I wonder what she would have been made fun of me for. 

I wonder what we would be locking eyes over and thinking at the exact same time. 

I wonder how different all of our lives would be if she hadn't died only five months after her 40th birthday. 

Fuck you cancer.

No comments: