We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Feliz Navidad Fotografias


I recently did my MexiGhetto Christmas photo shoot with the kids. I took 84 pictures and these are some of the highlights. I actually like most of the outtakes because they showcase Asa and Valentina's personalities. 


I think this one is great.


Unintentional jazz hands.


Asa has ALWAYS had a tendency to choke Valentina in photos. He doesn't do it tight, he just loves her so much that he tends to grab her around her neck to pull her close to him.


"Say WHAT?"


Turn about is fair play!


I LOVE this one, I just wish I could see more of Asa's face. You can just see the love they have for each other. They are so close.


Ok, starting to get silly here.


I'm losing them!


Yep, they're gone :)



The last one I got and it's one of my favorites even though the carpet is stained and you can see my sweats in the corner. I'll photoshop it later but they were giggling so hard they couldn't breathe.

Oh how these children melt my heart.....even though it took a lot of yelling to get the 6 out of 84 "normal" pictures of them! Yes, there were lots of threats and bribes. Funny, I just remember having fun with them.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, I just love them.

Amy does to me, exactly what Asa does to Valentina in pictures...you know, the love - not I want to kill you choke hold! I have so many of those!

I love them all, but my favs are the 2nd and last.

Grandma Kathy said...

Wow...the kiddos are sure getting tall! Since your slacking friend from Hood River may not have time to get her Christmas cards out this year I wanted to make sure to wish you and your awesome family a Very Merry Christmas! Hugs and love to you all!