We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, March 23, 2013

Rainbow Dash Birthday Bash

 Valentina's 6th birthday party was about a month ago. As I had lamented before, Valentina wanted a My Little Pony theme with a strong emphasis on Rainbow Dash.

I made the rainbow poufs and banner:






I scoured Pinterest for rainbow theme ideas and I loved the idea of layering candy. I did tweak it a bit and maybe the martini glasses weren't age appropriate but I liked them.


The entire reason for the party :)


Normally I do a full lunch/dinner for the kids' birthday parties but I wanted to keep it simple this time.



Rainbow fruit skewers. 


Standard veggie tray. 


White cake with rainbow candles. Now you might be thinking "What the what? It's a rainbow party but it's just a white cake????"


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Oh no, no, no, no. I labored the night before in making a six layer rainbow cake. Again, Valentina picked it out and had her heart set on this. The outside was supposed to be rainbow colored too but I almost left it like this after I had the layers stacked. 


After getting the cake halfway frosted I decided that I liked it just white on the outside. I thought it would be a great surprise to cut into this stark white cake and reveal a rainbow bonanza.



The birthday girl in her unicorn shirt from Beya. You can't quite see that she is also in a purple tutu that Amanda gave her last year for her birthday. She looked like a perfect little birthday girl.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALENTINA!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

OH

MY

GOSH

!!!

That

is

one

of

the

AWESOMEST

cakes

EVA!!

You ROCKED the CAKE!!!

I want to see the PAN!!!!!!! I LOVE the Squigglies!!!! So AWESOME!!! SO beautiful!! I LOVE the half frosted picture!

I LOVE the Rainbow Dash - Birthday Bash banners!!
I LOVE the martini glasses, who says not appropriate? No one! They look great! I LOVE the fruit skewers!I I LOVE VALENTINA - the BIRTHDAY girl!! And her Beya shirt and Asa, her right hand MAN!! And I LOVE YOU!!

It was ALL Perfection!! The veggie tray...for the fish, cow, and pig killers. Ha Ha : ) ...everything!! Perfection!!!

I LOVE YOU, and Norm, and Papa, and Beya, and Asa Boy, and of course Valentina!! AND SISSY TOO!!