We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter was a month ago and I'm just now getting around to posting the pictures. 

First off we picked up Norm's grandma and we went to Easter Mass. Afterwards we went to lunch and then we went home to have our Easter Egg Hunt, Amazing Race style. 

The night before I had written out 10 clues and put each one in a cascaron. I also created "Road Blocks" (little tricks the kids had to do before opening the egg to get the clue to get to the next Road Block) and put them in envelopes. The family kept the kids occupied in the front yard while I hid the eggs in the back yard. I was on egg #9 when I realized I was hiding them based on where they would FIND the egg instead of where they were supposed to GO to find the egg. Very confusing I know, but I knew I was going to mess it up so the night before I had written out the clues and road blocks so when I DID mess it up I would be able to fix it without having to smash open the egg thus defeating the whole purpose.



After the end of the hunt the kids were busy rifling through their "practical" baskets. I didn't want to just fill it full of candy or crap so we gave Valentina some Dr. Seuss books that she can read and Asa got a new video game.


As you can clearly see in this picture of Asa, there was still plenty of chocolate!





The kids had fun which is all that matters!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

You've got some serious cuties there ❤