We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, May 03, 2013

Four Years

Four years ago today we got the "worst possible" news....again. That's how mom broke it to me when she walked into my bedroom and shut the door. It was written all over her face. Sissy had cancer again.

Four years.

Fuck you cancer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Cameo--My grief does not begin to compare to yours this I know. Life did not turn out the way we expected it at all--My two biological sons have autism very very mild but they have needed much much therapy to get where they are! :) We adopted a little boy and he had so many needs we ended up disrupting. The hardest of his needs was attachment. He had a very hard time attaching to anyone. He is in a family now where he is the only child and the parents who adopted him could not have children. It was the best fit for everyone. We were struggling. I will be honest my husband is very very successful so to the world we looked like we had it all. But my heart was breaking I knew I was a good momma but I could not "fix" all the needs and I had to accept what we had been dealt. HARD STUFF I went through unimaginable grief when we disrupted not ever thinking this was a road i would walk. Someone once told me the waves of grief that I feel like are going to knock me down... look beyond them to his ocean full of GRACE its bigger than the tidal waves of grief. I don't know if that made much sense but it helped me (still going through it) My heart breaks for you but Im praying for you--You will come out stronger and make it through im inspired by you!!! You are stronger than you think!!! xoxoxox

Andrea said...

Yep, totally agree. And believe me when I say I understand more now than I ever could have before. Cancer effing sucks.

Jen said...

I'm waving my middle finger.

Okay...I will be once I'm done typing ; )